Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Will you please shut up? You're interrupting my Warrior 3.

I love yoga. I look forward to the dim room, the cool air, the quiet music, the instructor with the low, whisper-soft voice. I enjoy challenging myself and concentrating on complicated poses that push me to balance and find my center at the end of a long day.

And I really despise chatty, teenage girls who show up to have a gab session, laugh at each others' inability to balance, giggle, fall over, and look around constantly to see if anyone is checking them out. And yes, I am watching you; glaring at you, to be more precise. Maybe you could hold that pose longer if you shut up. Maybe I could hold MY pose longer if you shut up.

Maybe I'm being insensitive. But really, I enjoy the good and endure the bad that young people have to offer all day long. When I hit that smokey blue mat, cross my legs, and close my eyes, I want to shut all of that out. So...to the 3 annoying girls who showed up last time - thank you, from me (and dare I say, the whole class) for being busy tonight. Maybe yoga (or being quiet) just wasn't your cup of tea. Hopefully, if you return, you'll have more consideration for the rest of us.

Otherwise, I may have to invent a new pose that involves knocking you over. Just for giggles.

Namaste.


No comments: