Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Review: Acure Organics

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the products, even though they offered no samples.  And I must say, I am impressed.  I like the subtle, herbal smell of each of the items...and I like the way they work.  The tiny little 4 oz. bottle for $15 sort of freaked me out, but, now that I've used it, I realize that you really need just a pea-sized amount.  Same with the lotions (one squirt is all you need).

I ordered the oily/combo skin package.  I have truly combination skin (oily t-zone that still produces dry skin...weird).  These products do not dry me out.  If I don't use the lotion, though, it sort of does a bit.  So, I would not suggest these products for anyone with dry skin issues.  Oily skin?  Absolutely.  Combo skin?  Most likely.  I think you could even do without the toner, if you really wanted.  I personally like to use toners...but I think that comes from using cleansers that don't really "cleanse".  For me, the toner has always been a 2nd step in the cleaning process.  With this facial cleanser, I notice absolutely no residue on my cotton ball after using the toner, which means the cleanser is actually doing it's job (go figure!).

Ultimately, I give these products a 9 out of 10.  They work well.  The company has a great philosophy (see my original post)...fair trade, cruelty-free, supports a cause...etc., etc., etc.  Below, I have listed the ingredients of each of the products I tried, highlighting in bold the ingredients that some may find questionable and in need of further research.



SuperFruit Facial Cleansing Gel:  

Organic Curoxidant Blend (Organic Acai Berry, Organic Blackberry, Organic Rosehips, Organic Elderberry, Organic Nettle Leaf, Organic Cranberry, Organic Goji Berry, Organic Raspberry, Organic Pomegranate, Organic Blueberry, Organic Calendula Officinalis, Organic Chamomile, Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Yerba Mate, Lauryl Glucoside (Vegetable Derived), Decyl Glucoside (Sugar Soap), Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Olive Oil, Organic Chlorella Pyrenoidosa (Chlorella Growth Factor), Glucono Delta Lactone (Fermented Sugar), Potassium Sorbate (Food Grade Preservative), Lemon Essential Oil, Citric Acid

Oil Control Day Cream:

Organic Curoxidant Blend (Organic Acai Berry, Organic Blackberry, Organic Rosehips, Organic Elderberry, Organic Nettle Leaf, Organic Cranberry, Organic Goji Berry, Organic Raspberry, Organic Pomegranate, Organic Blueberry), Organic Calendula Officinalis, Organic Chamomile, Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Yerba Mate, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Emulsifying Wax Nf (Vegetable), Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Cocoa Seed Butter, Organic Safflower Seed Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Glyceryl Stearate Se (Vegetable Derived), (Vegetable) Glycerin, Organic Sunflower Oil, Infusion Of Organic Calendula Officinalis Flower In Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Olive Oil, Glucono Delta Lactone (Fermented Sugar), D-Alpha Tocoperyl Acetate (Vitamin E), Coq10, Organic Chlorella Growth Factor, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Essential Oils Of Sage, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Spearmint.

Rose + Red Tea Facial Toner:

Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Rooibos, Organic Yerba Mate, Organic Acai, Organic Blackberry Leaf, Organic Rosehips, Organic Nettle Leaf, Organic Calendula, Organic Chamomile, Organic Witch Hazel, Organic Bulgarian Rose Water (Hydrasol), (Nop Cert. Organic) Glycerin*, Organic Chamomille And Calendula Flower Extracts

Chlorella Growth Factor + Pomegranate Night Cream: 

Organic Curoxidant Blend (Organic Acai Berry, Organic Blackberry, Organic Rosehips, Organic Elderberry, Organic Nettle Leaf, Organic Cranberry, Organic Goji Berry, Organic Raspberry, Organic Pomegranate, Organic Blueberry), Organic Calendula Officinalis Organic Chamomile, Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Yerba Mate, Apricot Kernel Oil, Avocado Oil, Vegetable Glycerine, Sweet Almond Oil, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Glucose (Sugar), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Milk & Sugar Enzymes), Organic Chlorella Pyrenoidosa (Chlorella Growth Factor), Organic Evening Primrose Oil, St Johnswort Oil, Lavender (Essential) Oil, Lemon Oil, Xanthan Gum

No comments: