Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Terra Firma (Raymond, WA)

Oh happy day! I have found a local company that looks like it has some major potential. Terra Firma is located in Raymond, WA, but they have several retail locations in Washington state.


But, let's back up a bit. I have been using Safeway's In Kind brand facial care products for almost a year now. They're good. I have no major complaints with their performance. The sensitive facial cleanser dries me out just a bit, but it smells good, and the moisturizer takes care of any dryness I feel. The only real complaint I have is that I can't seem to track down their toner. Now, I know not everyone buys into the toner thing. But, I like it...and I have this weird thing about having all of my facial care items be the same brand (believe me, it's not my only oddity).

Anyhow, I decided to begin the hunt for a skin care system that was more local, organic, and still affordable. And...drum roll, please...it does seem that I may have found one.

I went ahead and ordered two sample kits, just to try out some of their products. I'll let you know how it goes. Could be a complete disappointment, but it's certainly worth a try.

They also offer cosmetics, hair care, and body care products. Their mineral cosmetics are actually less expensive than the Alima Pure (Oregon) minerals I have used for over a year. So, I may actually try them. It'd be cool if I could get all of my beauty needs in state!

Here's are some highlights from their website:

Meri and Dori believe that from an ethical standpoint, it is their responsibility to provide safe and healthy products to their customers. They believe that it is possible to provide effective beauty care with pure and natural ingredients. Their ongoing positive relationship with their customers and the trust that has been established is what makes their business a successful and personally rewarding one.

Their commitment to the ethical compact they've signed with SAFECOSMETICS to provide beauty care products free of potentially harmful ingredients is reflected in
their formulations.
No Parabens
No Petroleums
No SLS
No Silicone
No Synthetic Colorants
No Gluten
No Bismuth Oxychloride
No Synthetic Fragrance
NO Animal Testing! Ever!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a few friends who have started using Jordan Essentials. They say it is amazing...I haven't tried it yet so I can't give you my personal experience. It's made in the USA, no parabens, detergent free, chemical free, etc.
There is a consultant in Port Townsend.
You can check it out here: http://www.myjestore.com/Jenn/