Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Acure Organics

Oddly enough, I found this company via the sidebar Facebook Ads...which I almost always ignore (because it creeps me out that they know so much about me and cater their ads to my keywords).

But, giving in to the internet ADD...I followed...and I read...and I ordered.

What grabbed me? Family-owned and operated, fair trade/natural/certified organic ingredients, free from animal testing, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, harmful preservatives and artificial colors.

“I founded Acure Organics as a way to honor my grandmother, who battled breast cancer for over 10 years. I wanted to help raise money for breast cancer research and awareness while also providing healthy products that promote healthier living and a greener planet. We are proud to donate to Bright Pink and to help provide free mammograms to at risk women.”
—Kristy Guerra

Here is a clip from their mission:

ACURE FOR THE PLANET
We have a sustainable company culture that impacts every decision we make.

Green packaging
Green products
Social Consciousness
Triple Bottom Line

ACURE FOR A CURE
Each facial care product provides a donation to help fight breast cancer. Each day, women are bombarded by harmful chemicals in cosmetic products. Some of these, such as parabens (one of the most widely used preservatives in conventional personal care products), have been directly linked to breast cancer. Acure Organics wants to help eliminate people's exposure to toxic chemicals in cosmetics and help educate them on the benefits of food-grade,
organic ingredients.

Now I get marketing...and I understand "greenwashing". A quote like this one (which is fabulous if it's true), "People and Planet are just as important as Profit," can pull at heartstrings. So it is important to continue investigating the whole company...and the ingredients...

But, they checked out...on all fronts. They really are just a good company with a good product made from good things for a good reason.

Their website if very up front about their mission, ingredients, philosophy, and products.

I was disappointed to only see normal/dry and normal/oily skin care options. Seems we combo girls just can't get a fair shake. I will say that on several other purchase-sites carrying the Acure products, they do list the products I bought as "combination". So, we'll see.

I ordered the normal/oily products...so I will post a review as soon as I can.


There is a good deal at drugstore.com...since they offer free shipping.
And Spirit Beauty Lounge (organic beauty) offers the products as a set for one price. Not a terrible deal...but they do have shipping charges for order under $100. Since they are a small company dealing with other small companies...I can hardly blame them for not sucking up the shipping charges (which are terrible these days).

Acure Organics website

Spirit Beauty Lounge website

No comments: