Wednesday, April 7, 2010

In some ways, less...In some ways, more...

My plan, quite obviously, to clean every room in the house...is NOT going to get done this spring break. I managed to do one bathroom, spic and span perfect. I'm pretty sure I can get the other bathroom done, too. But, I think the rest is just going to have to wait.

With family trekking through the living room, kitchen and dining room, it isn't worth trying to scrub them to death just to turn around and have to do it again the next day. So, I think I'll be waiting until summer for that. Besides, I just re-did the living room during Winter Break - how dirty could it be already? (Don't answer that...it's a rhetorical question.)

Besides, this ISN'T an excuse. I spent today almost finishing the deck. Tomorrow it will be completely done, and we'll fill in some areas with dirt and re-gravel the walkway. Hopefully I will also get some weeding done, dump the piles of leaves in the back part of the property, and put down some fresh bark in the front berm.

That's plenty to try and tackle while still trying to have a bit of relaxation time.

Tonight, it's time to do some of the work I brought home with me from my "day job". It's more than I can finish tonight, but by Sunday, it should all be completed.

So, in some ways, I'm accomplishing more than I set out to do this break...in some ways, I'm accomplishing less. Oh well. Nothing new.

And since I'm working so hard and have so little time to just sit and daydream, which is necessary to creation for me...until break ceases and our family is once again only three, I will continue to simply share with you some of my favorite poets and poems.

Tonight...Billy Collins.







No comments: