Saturday, January 30, 2010

Granola!

There are certain foods that are a daily staple in our household. Granola bars are one of them. They're just sweet enough to "almost" fulfill the desire for a cookie or dessert. They are filling...and CAN be nutritious. They are small and easy to pack and take anywhere, and they last for a long time in any temperature. AND...the kid likes them! Bonus!

The plan was to buy the ingredients today and make them, BUT...the husband got sick and spent the majority of the day curled in the fetal position on the couch, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. I did, however, look up a few promising recipes. Here are the best - I think I'll start with the first one, because the pictures made the bars look rather scrumptious - and, while I like granola bars...they aren't really a gourmet dish that makes my mouth water. These pictures make me salivate a bit, though. Check it out:

Joyful Abode: Homemade Granola Bars

All Recipes: granola bars

Food Network: granola bars

Cooks.com: granola recipes

No comments: