Monday, August 20, 2012

The Cheapest Option is Sometimes Best

About a month ago, I was (sort of) agonizing over what to do for my son's birthday party?  Bowling?  Pizza?  And then I got smart, and just asked the kid, "Hey, kid....whaddaya wanna do for your birthday?"  My ingenious and wonderfully simple child exclaimed, "Go to the park!"  Wow, I thought; it's that easy?

So, today, $15 dollars and a few hours later, I had 5 happy, tired, sun-kissed children, and 4 un-stressed mamas.

Oh...and gift certificates are actually a great, compact, quick and easy gift for a lot of kids.  Besides, let's face it, most kids know exactly what they want (which is knowledge all us grown-ups are often lacking).  My son was easily as excited about these as he was anything else.  But, then, maybe he's weird.  (Is it is odd that on the way home he told me he wasn't normal?  He claimed that, instead, he was extraordinary.  And oh-so-modest, eh?)

The simplest choices often lead to the most extraordinary results. 


No comments: