Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Runny Peanut Butter...yuck!

Okay, a few months ago, I found "natural" peanut butter...by Skippy and Jif. I was excited, because I'm kind of a peanut butter snob. I don't like the type that separates. I opened a jar of Skippy Natural, and lo and behold, it was just like the "normal" stuff. It tasted the same, too.

I hoped and hoped that Costco would begin to carry it.

I haven't see it there yet, but the last time we went, I was pleased to see Organic Peanut Butter. So, I bit. I bought some.

When I opened it yesterday morning, I was greeted by a 1/4 inch of oil. So, I dipped in the knife to stir it up, only to end up with a gloppy, oily mess. Hoping that it was just a "bad jar", I opened the second jar. I dumped out the oil on top and dipped in my knife. Like melted butter. Ewwww.

I suppose it would be good for Thai peanut sauce, but for my sandwich? No way. I'll stick with the "natural" for now. Full sugar. Smooth. Creamy. Yum.

No comments: