Monday, January 24, 2011

Lower Radiation Cell Phones

So, I'm in the market for a new cell phone soon...mostly because my current phone (a Blackberry) doesn't do what I bought it for very well anymore. It isn't reliable, and it kind of wigs out on a regular basis. I was all excited for the new Verizon Droid. But...my internet ADD led me down the path...so, as usual, I'm doing research. And here's what I have found so far (any extra input would be welcome).

I personally have no idea if radiation can or does cause any health problems; but I say why take the chance when there are affordable and acceptable alternatives? Silly.

Want a "healthier" phone?

Check out CNET's list (it updates continually)

And read what the Environmental Working Group has to say about it...including their top picks for lower radiation models (they also offer a free service to look up the radiation level on your current phone).

The 10 Smart Phones with the highest radiation:

1. T-Mobile MyTouch 3G (1.55 W/kg)
2. Blackberry Curve 8330 (1.54 W/kg)
3. Palm Treo 600 (1.53 W/kg)
4. T-Mobile Shadow (1.53 W/kg)
5. Palm Treo 650 (1.51 W/kg)
6. Blackberry Curve 8300 (1.51 W/kg)
7. Blackberry Bold 9000 (1.51 W/kg)
8. Sony Ericsson P910a (1.50 W/kg)
9. HTC SMT 5800 (1.49 W/kg)
10. BlackBerry Pearl 8120/8130 (1.48 W/kg)

Good to know that I may have inadvertantly been harvesting a pearly pink tumor in my ear all this time I've been talking on my pearly pink Blackberry.

Top 5 Lowest-Radiation Smart Phones:

--LG Quantum

--Samsung Fascinate

--Samsung Mezmerize

--Samsung Captivate

--Samsung Continuum

Also...found a great site (Mobiledia) for side-by-side comparison of pretty much every cell phone from every carrier available. It will line up all the specs, do a search by your qualifications, and list the radiation level for every phone. Top brands seem to be LG and Samsung, overwhelmingly.

View their list of highest and lowest radiation phones
.

So much for the $179 "newest, latest thing". Guess I'll be going with FREE and better for me.

No comments: