Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Is reclaiming domesticity a radical idea?



When we first started down this path, for real...not just making a change here and a change there over months...I kind of figured we were running with the pack, doing what hundreds, even thousands, had already done before us. I always assume I'm behind the game. But, could it be, that I'm a radical? Really? Is reclaiming your roots, going back to the way things were (and I'm talking pre-WWII), but with new knowledge and better ideas, really radical? Because, if it is, our state of affairs is a lot more dismal than I thought. Hmmm...

Anyway, take a gander at this article. It includes a link to Shannon Hayes' book: Radical Homemakers: Reclaiming Domesticity from a Consumer Culture and her ten "easy" steps to becoming a radical homemaker yourself.

None of this seems new to me, but maybe the packaging is what makes it intriguing.

No comments: