Thursday, May 20, 2010

Meatless Meal #2 (and wind damage)

Yesterday the wind blew. And blew. And blew.

When we came home from the pub quiz our deck chairs were scattered across the porch and into the front yard.

And this morning, when the light shown down, we got to see the real damage. Branches everywhere...and a very major crack in the large pussy willow tree next to the house!!! Can I just say: DAMMIT! It's such a beautiful tree but just doesn't seem to be real solid. Every time the wind blows it rains down moss covered branches all over the plants beneath. This time, though, we are going to have to do a bit more than a minor pick up job.





I guess this weekend, D. will be hacking away at it to make sure the entire limb doesn't fall on the house with the next passing breeze.

On a happier (and prettier note), I made bruschetta tonight! Yummy! I don't think D. was impressed with having to endure "another" vegetarian meal, BUT...I thought it was pretty darn tasty...and simple.

I just modified a recipe I found online:

7 vine tomatoes (the romas at the market look terrible right now, or I would've used those instead)
half a medium red onion
about a cup of chopped, fresh basil
3-4 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to taste
a splash or two of balsamic vinegar
a splash or two of extra virgin olive oil



Put slices of french baguette in the oven at 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes (I should've brushed them with olive oil and sprinkled them with garlic salt or rubbed them with garlic cloves).

That's all folks!



Bon Appetit!

No comments: