Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Massage therapy

I waited with impatience all day for 3 o'clock to roll around so I could rush out the double doors, race to my car, dodge a few unsuspecting people in the parking lot, and make my appointment on time.

Massage therapy is definitely worth the co-pay...and if you have insurance that covers it, you're a fool not to take advantage of it.

I've been going once a month now for a few years...and I have to say, it's one of the highlights of my month. Not only is it quiet time with no one asking anything of me, it is relaxing and healthful, too! A dark, quiet room, with relaxing music and earthy smells. I've even fallen asleep on the table before. And it never seems to last long enough.

Massage therapy is about more than just making the aches and pains subside, it's about well-being...it can increase circulation, improve breathing, decrease headaches, and more. It's a veritable treasure trove of holistic health.

And it just makes me happy.

So, if you aren't already taking advantage of the benefits of massage therapy, find someone who takes your insurance and make yourself an appointment.

Sometimes you have to have a doctor's referral to have insurance cover it, but there aren't too many doctors who are going to say, "No, you don't need it."

12 Delightful Benefits of Massage

No comments: