Thursday, June 10, 2010

New layout (and other news)

So I got online today to write a new post and, as I am wont to do...I got sidetracked doing pointless stuff.

When I logged into blogger, I noticed a new link...rather than my normal link - "customize" (which allows me to change layout and color and text) - there was a new link called "design". Of course I had to play around with it. And this new layout is the result.

I'm not positive I like it yet. D., I'm sure, will have something to say about it.

What caught my eye was probably the rain drops...as that seems to be all we can muster up in the weather department around here. Day after day of the wet stuff, and I'm sure my skin is beginning to mold. It is certain that all of my potted plants on the deck are drowning. I have to periodically tip them to drain the collected water. What on earth does this summer have in store for us? I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it.

In other news...
the school year is on its way out...slowly and gruelingly;
the berries are ripe and sweet and are a welcome addition to my morning regimen of yogurt, fruit and granola;
we are 6 months free of Wal-mart...but now Sunny Farms owns our checking account;
the felled tree is still decomposing in piles all over the lawn (guess I know what we'll be doing this weekend);
the compost bin is full of life (bleck);
we no longer need garbage service (woo hoo!);


D. brought me daisies, out of the blue, yesterday - fresh-picked from the side of the road - (they're my favorite flower...I love them because they can grow anywhere and always seem so happy - great role models actually. Funny that, my grandfather's favorite flower was also a weed - dandelions. Or maybe he was just trying to make an excuse to avoid weeding them.);
and the wine I'm drinking is indicative of my mood: Tempra Tantrum (Spain).

I guess that's about all the news I can share from this side of the gravel road. The new moon is on its way, and we are certainly feeling it around here. Hope it passes soon.

No comments: