Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Try the Y for Free (February)

So...here it is...already February.  Good lord, how does the time fly so quickly?

Anyhow, this means we are on to mini-goal #2.  (I give myself about a D+/C- for last month's goal.  Did pretty well at the beginning and the end, but pretty much sucked in the middle.)

This month:  Fitness and Finances for February!





Works out perfect, too, since we will be doing our taxes and the local YMCA is offering a month of free use.  The bonus is, if you sign up for a membership by the end of the month, there is no fee to join!  Pretty good deal, actually...$75 for two adults (dependents free)...$2 childcare...yoga, Zumba, aerobics, judo, and several other classes included...lowered fees for swimming lessons and summer camps for kids...

So, it sounded like a good idea.

Plus, if I'm paying for a membership, the guilt of paying is more likely to get me to go.  Relying on my own motivation is failure waiting to happen (quickly).

And yes, a part of me is feeling guilty about the s'mores we made at work today (over a candle, with dark chocolate-covered shortbread cookies)...sinful.  And another part of me is a little embarrassed that I purchased 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from the adorable girl who asked, with soulful eyes, if I would support her troop.  E'gads those kids are good!

But, I DID go to the Y, and I DID work out.

So there.

And here goes another attempt at another goal...

No comments: