Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tea Tree - the miracle oil!

So, earlier, I found a link to a website that told me tea tree oil is a natural anti-fungal...and as such, it makes a good killer of molds and mildews.

I gave it a try today. I mixed up a small amount (1/2 teaspoon oil and 1/2 cup water). I sprayed it in all the window sills and let it sit for several hours. Then, with a damp rag...we went around and wiped all the window sills out.

I have to say, it cleaned them better than anything else I've tried (Soft Scrub, Clorox and water, Comet, Simple Green, Borax and water, you name it!). It ate away all traces of the mold.

So, I went ahead and sprayed it on the shower curtain, because I like the smell of the tea tree oil much better than vinegar (which is another inexpensive, effective natural cleaner).

I already use tea tree oil in my all-purpose cleaner spray (water, lavender oil, tea tree oil, and natural soap). It's also in our hand soap (a natural de-greaser). Wow! It's like a miracle oil.

No comments: